Tuesday, December 17, 2013

main campus

today we toured the main campus of the carolina friends school (cfsnc.org)
this is the school i grew up in
the school where i spent 12 years of my life
the school where i learned the concept of individuality - of loss - of grief - of love...
i figured out who i was at the school
because of this school i had the opportunity to do an internship that led to meeting a woman who would later become a friend, then a best friend and then my wife

today we toured the main campus of the carolina friends school as prospective parents....
during the info session i literally teared up on multiple occasions
thinking of our kids being in this place
this place that is almost as significant to me as my childhood home
i hold in the light every dream i have of our children being able to be in this space
i truly hope that they are accepted and that we find the means to provide them with the community that my sister and i had

i cannot believe our boys are school aged but i am thankful for places like cfs because they provide me with hope for a better world

No comments:

Post a Comment